5 Interesting Facts About Carpets!
- Bed bugs can survive in fibers of carpets. They are extremely fast and can crawl more than 100 feet at night, to their sleeping victims to obtain a blood meal. The engorgement process can takes between three to 10 minutes.
- It is believed that indoor air contains around twice as much dust as the outdoor air. On average, 2,000 dust mites can live happily on one ounce of carpet dust.
- Smaller rugs are recommended as compared to wall-to-wall carpet because wall-to-wall carpets tend to be more permanent and harder-to-clean endpoints for moisture, chemicals, liquids, crumbs, and other spills that provide molds, mildew, yeasts, and bacteria (such as e-coli) with a rich and nearly continuous supply of nutrients.
- Dust mites loves warm, humid environments, eats on dead skin cells and nest in unclean carpet. The residue from dust mites will become airborne and cause allergies.
- When properly cleaned and maintained, carpets may improve the quality of air through trapping allergy-inducing dust and allergens. However, most people do not clean their carpets correctly, which in turn exacerbate allergies.
1Brown, Jack. Don’t Touch that Doorknob!: How Germs Can Zap You and How You Can Zap Back. New York, NY: Warner Books, Inc., 2001.
2Alphin, Elaine Marie. Vacuum Cleaners. Minneapolis, MN: Carolrhoda Books, Inc., 1997.
3“Your Carpet and Indoor Air Quality.” American Lung Association. Accessed: July 30, 2009.
4Woodward, John. What Lives under the Carpet? Hauppauge, NY: Barron’s Educational Series, Inc., 2002.
Author: Tiffany Goh, Art of Cleaning Pte Ltd
Art of Cleaning is one of the leaders in the Singapore carpet cleaning industry. We take pride in our work and strives to be the leading cleaning company in Singapore!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.