Lets face it, we all love coffee. Coffee is the bestselling beverage of all time! But what happens when you spill coffee on your favourite carpet or rug?
Before you decide to engage professional for help, you can try the self-help stain removal steps below:
- DO NOT scrub your carpet or rug surface aggressively! This will induce the carpet fiber to soak up the coffee faster. Keep calm.
- Use a dry paper (kitchen towel) to blot the affected area to reduce or remove excess coffee leftover on the area. Do not scrub, gently blot.
- Pour a tiny amount of mild household detergent onto a wet sponge.
- Using a circular motion, try to gently rub the affected area without scrubbing it. (This step should remove most of the stain).
- If step 4 cannot fully remove the stains, try diluted white vinegar.
- Dilute the vinegar in 1:1 portion with warm water.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 using the diluted vinegar.
- If all the above fail to remove the coffee stain, you can consider seeking carpet cleaning professionals at 98860178 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (www.artofcleaning.com.sg).
- Reminder: the faster you wash your stained carpet, the higher the chance for the stain to be fully removed.
Author: Tiffany Goh, Art of Cleaning Pte Ltd
Art of Cleaning is one of the leaders in the Singapore carpet cleaning industry. We take pride in our work and strives to be the leading cleaning company in Singapore!